Friday, November 6, 2009

Grizzly Bear - "Ready, Able"

Terrifying plasticine madness!

I don't intend to play the same artist close together too often, nor will I play the same style of video too often either, but every now and then, when I discover a new video, I'll feature it as I discover it.

Following up on the animated 'fan-made' Grizzly Bear video for "Two Weeks" below, here is a plasticine stop-animation film by Allison Schulnik to the song, "Ready, Able". The subjects are monsters(!) and it is an incredible work.

It's nice to see the 'a film by' at the piece's end. These artists deserve wider recognition for their talents and dedication, and Schulnik is no different, with her colourful imagination and uncanny ability to bring these beasts to life. This video is so rich in detail that repeated viewings will only begin to uncover the work's complexities.

Check out another of Schulnik's films by clicking her name above.


No comments:

Post a Comment